Digital 600w Grow Light Kit Includes:
- 1 x 600w Digital Dimmable Super Lumen Ballast (250w, 400w, 600w and 660w)
- 1 x Dutch Barn Euro Shade Reflector
- 1 x 600w Dual Spectrum Bulb – Ideal for both Grow and Bloom Phases
Digital 600w Dimmable Ballast
Digital Ballasts are software controlled, variable output ballasts that have been specially designed to give the most selective growers the ultimate versatility and performance from a single lighting system. This super cool, super-efficient, fully adjustable digital ballast will run 600w, 400w and 250w high pressure sodium, metal halide and duel spectrum lamps and features “Super Lumen Technology” that increases the ballasts output for maximum lamp performance, giving you Monster Yields!
What is super lumen and how does it work?
- Select the lamp type and wattage and the ballast will run the lamp to the exact specification that the lamp requires, just as if the ballast was dedicated to that lamp. It’s like having three separate ballasts in one unit.
- Reduce the output of your lamp when not so much power is needed. For example, if you are running a 600w lamp you can reduce the output to 400w or 250w.
- Boost the output of your lamp using “Super Lumen” feature. This allows the output of the ballast highest rated lamp (600w) to be increased by approximately 10% delivering maximum lamp performance.
- Allows bulbs of various wattages to be operated on the same ballast simply by adjusting the dial/dimmer switch. (250w, 400w, 600w and 660w super lumens)
- By turning the dial on the Digital Ballast you can reduce the output of a lamp when not so much power is needed. For example, if you are running a 600w lamp you can reduce the output to 400w or 250w.
- Soft Start Technology: This feature ensures that the Digital Ballast is the safest, most reliable and energy efficient digital ballast when used in automated multiple lamp applications. When multiple units are connected to the mains circuit, the integrated Ignition Control software will completely balance the electrical draw by igniting one lamp at a time to prevent electrical surges and spikes that can overload the mains circuit and trip circuit breaking systems.
- Soft Start Technology also prolongs lamp life by stopping current rush to the lamp and preventing lamp overload. When the ballast is started from cold there will be a 3 second fixed delay before ignition. After ignition there will be a series of random 0-2 second delays before full brightness is reached after approximately 3-5 minutes. Soft Start Technology is also activated when increasing and decreasing power to the lamp using the ‘Smart-Step’ feature.
- Re-Strike of Hot Lamps after Mains Failure: Digital Ballasts use a timed re-strike system that prevents the ballast from re-striking a hot lamp after a power failure. If a hot lamp is detected, the re-strike will be delayed for 60 second intervals until the lamp has cooled sufficiently to be re-ignited.
- Suitable for use with High Pressure Sodium (HPS) & Metal Halide (MH) Lamps
- Automatically adjusts its output frequency to maintain a constant output regardless of input power fluctuations and ageing lamps. This also prevents ‘lamp flicker’.
- No noisy internal fans and is completely silent in operation.
- 30% more efficient than a standard magnetic ballast producing more lumens of light per watt of consumed energy. Efficiency does not diminish and is maintained for the entire life of the unit.