Omega Digital Ballasts are software controlled, variable output ballasts that have been specially designed to give the most selective growers the ultimate versatility and performance from a single lighting system. This super cool, super-efficient, fully adjustable digital ballast will run 600w, 400w and 250w high pressure sodium, metal halide and duel spectrum lamps and features “Super Lumen Technology” that increases the ballasts output for maximum lamp performance, giving you Monster Yields!
What is super lumen and how does it work?
- Select the lamp type and wattage and the ballast will run the lamp to the exact specification that the lamp requires, just as if the ballast was dedicated to that lamp. It’s like having three separate ballasts in one unit.
- Reduce the output of your lamp when not so much power is needed. For example, if you are running a 600w lamp you can reduce the output to 400w or 250w.
- Boost the output of your lamp using “Super Lumen” feature. This allows the output of the ballast highest rated lamp (600w) to be increased by approximately 10% delivering maximum lamp performance.
- Allows bulbs of various wattages to be operated on the same ballast simply by adjusting the dial/dimmer switch. (250w, 400w, 600w and 660w super lumens)
- By turning the dial on the Digital Ballast you can reduce the output of a lamp when not so much power is needed. For example, if you are running a 600w lamp you can reduce the output to 400w or 250w.
- Soft Start Technology: This feature ensures that the Digital Ballast is the safest, most reliable and energy efficient digital ballast when used in automated multiple lamp applications. When multiple units are connected to the mains circuit, the integrated Ignition Control software will completely balance the electrical draw by igniting one lamp at a time to prevent electrical surges and spikes that can overload the mains circuit and trip circuit breaking systems.
- Soft Start Technology also prolongs lamp life by stopping current rush to the lamp and preventing lamp overload. When the ballast is started from cold there will be a 3 second fixed delay before ignition. After ignition there will be a series of random 0-2 second delays before full brightness is reached after approximately 3-5 minutes. Soft Start Technology is also activated when increasing and decreasing power to the lamp using the ‘Smart-Step’ feature.
- Re-Strike of Hot Lamps after Mains Failure: Omega Digital Ballast use a timed re-strike system that prevents the ballast from re-striking a hot lamp after a power failure. If a hot lamp is detected, the re-strike will be delayed for 60 second intervals until the lamp has cooled sufficiently to be re-ignited.
- Suitable for use with High Pressure Sodium (HPS) & Metal Halide (MH) Lamps
- Automatically adjusts its output frequency to maintain a constant output regardless of input power fluctuations and ageing lamps. This also prevents ‘lamp flicker’.
- No noisy internal fans and is completely silent in operation.
- 30% more efficient than a standard magnetic ballast producing more lumens of light per watt of consumed energy. Efficiency does not diminish and is maintained for the entire life of the unit.
**Please Choose Which Bulb You Would Like From The Options Below**
Omega 600w Metal Halide Bulb (Blue Spectrum)
The Omega metal halide lamp is perfect for vegging plants, preventing them from stretching and instead promoting a bushier, stocky plant ready for the flowering period.
The Omega Metal Halide also boasts a broader spectrum of light, including small amounts of UVB. When compared to other competing lamps the Omega outshines.
- Colour Temperature: 4200K
- 58000 Lumens
- Lifetime: 24000 hours
Omega 600w Dual Spectrum Bulb (Combination of Red and Blue)
The Omega 600w Grow Lamp included in this kit has the following features:
- Omega Dual Specrum Lamps have both Blue spectrum for Growth Stage and Red Spectrum for Flowering Stage.
- PRO-PAR SERIES SUPER LUMEN TECHNOLOGY.
- 10% more light than a standard HPS lamp.
- Energy-efficient grow lamp that provides more energy which is essential for optimized photosynthesis.
- Long life and economical.
Omega 600w Super HPS Bulb (Red Spectrum)
Omega 600w Super HPS bulbs produce an optimum flowering spectrum which in turn leads to greater results
- Colour temperature: 2000k
- 90000 Lumens
- Lifetime: 24000 hours
Omega Large Adjustawing Reflector
The Omega large adjusta wing shade offers great, even light distribution over your plants. These shades are ideal if you are wanting to spread light over a wider area.
- Large surface area of 70cm (W) x 55cm (D) x 15cm (H)
- Includes detachable heat spreader
- Better control over “Hot Spots” with dimpled aluminium surface
- Lightweight and easy to hang from tents or ceilings
The Omega large adjusta wind shade comes with the standard IEC (kettle lead) connection on a 4 meter long cable that will plug straight into your grow light ballast.
If you wish to use this shade with self ballasting lamps such as CFL bulbs, instead of plugging the IEC connection into the ballast you would need to purchase an IEC – UK plug adapter.