NFT is uniquely simple. It involves a shallow film of nutrient solution (nutrient & water) constantly recirculating past the roots of plants. The diagram shows nutrient solution pumped from the tank up to the channel, flowing down the channel (over the plant roots) and back into the tank. It is the recirculating film that differentiates NFT form other hydroponic growing methods. What are the advantages of NFT? First yield. It is very much easier to obtain excellent yields in NFT than using traditional methods. It is probable that yield increases are due to a number of factors, among the most important being:
- The plants are always able to obtain the correct nutrients they require.
- Absence of root disease, typical in soil grown plants.
- Freedom from wetting and drying cycle because roots never dry out; and nor is it easy to overwater.
- Absolute freedom from weeds.
- Unlimited supply of oxygen because roots of healthly plants growing hydroponically are in direct contact with the air.
Other advantages of NFT are:
- The greatly reduced time it will take your plants to reach maturity;
- NFT is very simple to operate. You need not be an expert in any skill, gardening or otherwise, to obtain the benefits;
- NFT encourages good root growth.
- Easy to assemble.
- Low level to maximize headroom.
- Sizes to fit most spaces or Gro-Light arrangements.
- Durable and sturdy.
All Kit’s comprise of:
- 1 X Plastic Tank
- 1 X Plastic Channel (to fit)
- 1 X Top plate
- 1 X Submersible Pump
- 1 X Delivery Tube
- 1 X Emptying Tube
- 1 X 25ft Spreader Mat
- 1 X Acid Test Kit
- 1 X 125ml Phrosphor Acid.
The Gro Tank is the country’s leading hydroponic system and has 1000’s of successful and happy customers worldwide, it is the hobby growers No1 friend. This system has been one of the catalysts to the growth of the UK’s hydroponic market and to this day the system hasn’t been bettered for results, value for money and reliability.