Essentials EC Meter
The Essentials EC Meter is used for reading the electrical conductivity (EC) or strength of your nutrient solution. EC (electrical conductivity) is a standard measure for nutrients in the UK. Some nutrient manufacturers will declare both ml per litre and an EC value on the back of the bottles. You can follow either the recommended EC or ml per litre guide however it is more accurate following the EC feedcharts.
- The meter gives accurate readings of nutrient solution and is very helpful in mixing nutrient concentrate with water.
- Automatically temperature compensated.
- Easy to use – just dip the sensor into the test solution, stir and wait.
- Stable readings in about 20 seconds
- 1 to 3 years life span depending on the rate of sampling.
- All Essential testers are water resistant, which allows for easy washing. Even if the tester is dropped into the water, it will remain afloat so as to enable immediate retrieval without damaging the electronics.
- Can withstand falls and drop shocks.
- Energy saving feature which shuts off the tester when not in use.
- To ensure accurate reading at all times, the unit displays a low battery symbol to alert the user to change batteries before it degrades the accuracy of important readings.
How to use:
Having an accurate EC meter to tell you your nutrient strength is invaluable and takes all the guess work out of your feeding schedule. No grow room should be without one. To take readings simply dip the meter’s sensor into the nutrient solution and take the reading directly. The digital display will then tell you the strength of your nutrients in EC.
To calibrate the Essentials EC Meter you will need a bottle of CF calibration fluid (the meter comes with a small sachet). Then simply dip the meter into the calibration fluid and hold the calibrate button until it says CAL, the EC Meter will then recalibrate the device.