Canna Aqua Clay Pebbles
Canna Aqua Clay Pebbles are formed from expanded clay. Clay pellets are baked to produce the ideal growing media for use by hydroponics growers. Canna branded clay pebbles are supplied pre washed to the UK market however we recommend washing the balls again regardless. Any loose dust or dirt could cause blockages in your hydroponics system so it is always worth taking the time to wash them again. Perfect choice of growing media for growers who want to control nutrients and the humidity level applied to their plants throughout the life cycle of the plant.
Canna Aqua Clay Pebbles are manufactured from a type of clay that has a low soluble salt content. Therefore they are particularly good for use in hydroponic systems such as the Wilma, Alien and IWS systems. The clay pebbles in the bag vary between 8mm – 16mm. They are uniform, circular shaped balls with a smooth surface. Low quality clay can have jagged or sharp edges which can cause damage to your plant’s root zone. Not only are these pebbles the best quality you’d expect from Canna, but they can also be washed and reused.
- Clay pebbles have a high porosity and high air content which stimulate the development of strong roots that grip the substrate well. Strong roots mean bigger yields.
- Inorganic, have a neutral pH value, are fungus free and do not rot.
- Pebbles make a great addition to the top and bottom of your plant pots.
How to use
Canna expanded clay pebbles can be used as either your main growing media or in addition to other growing media to aid with drainage or to prevent pests. If you are growing in 100% pebbles you will need to feed your plant a hydroponic specific plant nutrient such as Canna Aqua Vega (Vegetative stage) and Canna Aqua Flores (Flowering stage).
- To aid with drainage add roughly 1 – 2 inches of pebbles into the bottom of your plant pot.
- Adding a layer of pebbles to the surface of your plant pot can prevent your growing media from drying out as quickly.
- To prevent against pests such as fungus gnats cover the surface of the pot with pebbles to prevent eggs being laid.